– FSR style first stage.
– Highly polished bright chrome plating.
– Compact one piece body.
– 4 angled medium pressure ports, 4 x 3/8″ UNF.
– 2 angled high pressure ports, 2 x 7/16″ UNF.
– Optional 5th port.
– Removable ARCAP valve seat.
– Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
– An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
– Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
– The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used – press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
– The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
– Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
– The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
– A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
– The Comfo-bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
– A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
The XTX40 Octopus provides the same features and performance as the XTX40 second stage and includes left / right hand reversibility. It comes with a high visibility yellow front cover and a 36” yellow hose. Suitable for cold water use (below 10 C / 50 F).